Multicultural Student Services
Multicultural Student Services assists with the educational, cultural, social and personal needs of all students, with special emphasis on race, gender and sexual orientation. The primary focus is to aid in the development of tomorrowâ€™s leaders through support and advocacy.
Some of our services include sponsoring, co-sponsoring, and supporting academic, social, and cultural events on campus and in the community. Â In addition, trainings, workshops, and professional development opportunities are provided to students, faculty, and staff. Feel free to contact us or just stop by our office located on the second floor of the Student Union.
Multicultural Student Services (MSS) fosters an educational environment that broadens studentsâ€™ understanding and appreciation of multiculturalism, diversity, inclusive practices, and social justice. We actively build relationships with our internal and external communities. MSS implements programs and initiatives focused on social, intellectual, and interpersonal development that recognize and celebrate the worth of every individual. We provide an all-inclusive, welcoming, and supportive space for students to grow and be their authentic selves.
Multicultural Student Services (MSS) strives to provide the highest quality of programs, initiatives, and resources to educate, appreciate, and celebrate our increasingly multicultural society through inclusive co-curricular learning.Â
- Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
- MLK Day Celebration
- Black History Month Programming
- Women's History Month Programming
- Annual Unity Week Celebration
- Annual Kente Stole Ceremony
- LGBTQ+ Student Programming
- Multicultural Student Lounge
- Diverse Identities Workshops
- Inclusion Dialogues
- Personal and Professional Support
- Advising and Mentoring
- Multicultural Student Advocacy
- Multicultural Student Leadership Development
- Professional Development and Networking
- Multicultural Student Resources